I did a renovation of a 1st floor powder room and I am especially happy with the sink area…
I bought my hours 5 years ago and couldn’t stand the master bathroom. It was probably pretty sweet in the 80s but I cringed every time I walked in. It had pink and blue flowery wallpaper that had faded from sun exposure, hideous yellow and pink linoleum flooring and a builder-grade vanity with cultured marble top.
We recently purchased our first home on St. John’s Street and have been renovating it ourselves since last December. The renovations included attacking the downstairs bathroom.
Project: adding shelving to the bathroom as well as brightening up the room with a lavender paint job.
This actually was a bedroom off the kitchen and the view was so lovely that we decided to make it a bathroom with a view. I sponged transparent layers of Benjamin Moore paint mixed with some acrylics.
The project has been 2+ years in the works. Since my son was born, painting and other home projects have been all but ignored. Recently, I was finally able to paint my bathroom! The job was a basic room painting but with a few other detailed changes. I painted the ceiling, walls and wood trim/door as with any other paint job. I also spray painted white the medicine cabinet to match the other trim parts. I installed new outlets, mirror, ceiling fan, vanity lights, toilet and shower head to update the whole room.
Because the walls of our guest bath were so damaged by time: (the house is 1886) with cracks, bulges and damage from water leaks, it was almost impossible to fix them without removing all the horse hair plaster and sheetrock. So, instead I purchased “paintable wallpaper”, wallpapered above the wainscoting and then painted. (This was my first experience with wallpaper. It wasn’t pretty.) But the results were! I painted the ceiling and wainscoting Benjamin Moore Cotton Balls and the walls Benjamin Moore Kentucky Haze. In addition, we replaced all the windows in the house… so the pretty stained glass you see in the before shot is in the basement awaiting framing. We also replaced the old marble sink that was surely an original… but unfortunately, quite leaky.