Take SOMETHING and make it BETTER! Have you improved the appearance or functionality of a wall, door, piece of furniture, walkway, garden? It can be just about any home improvement project.
- painted a accent wall in your living room
- installed a new vanity and mirror in your bathroom
- taken an old beat-up piece of furniture and painted/refinished it
- built a walkway to your front door
- painted your front door a bold color no-one can miss
- built an organization/work bench that’s turned your messy garage into an amazing work space
- built raised beds to grow a vegetable garden
- put new hardware on all of your cabinets
- installed new light fixtures that have more than changed the light in the room!
We want to see what you are up to and inspire others with your work!
SEE CURRENT ENTRIES HERE: http://mainehardware.com/topics/revamp-champs/
- 1st Place: $400 Maine Hardware Gift Certificate
- 2nd Place: $200 Maine Hardware Gift Certificate
- 3rd Place $100 Maine Hardware Gift Certificate
- All participants that enter the contest [and meet contest requirements] will receive a free Maine Hardware T-shirt*
*Limit one t-shirt per a person. Color/design of t-shirt may vary. Contest participant will be notified that entry was accepted and that t-shirt is ready at the store for pick-up [t-shirts will be held for one month at the store for pick-up and then forfeited thereafter].
HOW TO ENTER:
To enter, send before, during and after photograph[s] with subject heading “DIY Contest” to email@example.com. You will receive an email within 48 hours confirming receipt.
- full name
- street address
- daytime phone number
- description of the project and what you personally did [as it is a DIY Contest!]
- explain the impact it has had on your home/yard/room, why you like it [basically, why you should win!]
- date of birth [for legal purposes]
- photos must be in high resolution jpegs; each file should be named to identify the image as before/during/after
Entries are limited to 3 projects per a person. Contest is for DIY-ers, so please no contractors or professionals. Work must be completed by you on your own home. The DIY Contest begins at 12:01 am Eastern Time (ET) on April 1st, 2016 and ends at 11:59 pm on September 30th, 2016. All submissions must be received by 11:59pm ET on September 30th, 2015. Maine Hardware’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the DIY Contest.
JUDGING OF THE PHOTOGRAPHS:
All entries must meet the Contest requirements. A panel of Maine Hardware staff members will review and select winners based on the following criteria:
Visual and/or Fuctionality Impact of Project 50% Example: how different does the object/area look or function due to the work that was completed? Before and after pictures are helpful to show the impact.
Creativity and/or Innovation 30% Are products used in a new or unconventional way/style? Is it a project/idea not seen before.
Skill & Quality of Work 10% How much effort and how difficult was the project? Was it executed well?
People’s Choice: Social Media and Blog comments and/or “likes” 10%
In the event of a tie, the highest score in the Visual Impact of Project category will be determined the winner. Decisions of the judges are final in all matters relating to this Contest.
VOTING FOR PEOPLE CHOICE:
To vote electronically, anyone can vote via commenting or “liking” the photo submissions in the following places:
The voting process will commence on or about April 1st, 2016 at 12:01am and terminate on October 14th, 2016. In the event of technical difficulties or for other reasons, contest submission and voting dates are subject to change without notice. Voters may vote across multiple social media areas and furthermore they may vote/comment/like more than one project/entry. Automated mechanisms are strictly prohibited. Any votes suspected by the judges to be fraudulent may be disqualified, in the judges’ sole discretion, and could affect the final standings prior to announcement. Additionally, any person employing such device will be disqualified.
PLEASE BE SURE TO READ THE COMPLETE CONTEST RULES HERE: Official Contest Rules and Legal
CHECK OUT CURRENT ENTRIES HERE.