Using Sterling 555 paint stripper, completely stripped the metal plant stand. Sanded with drummel sander.
First we painted the walls. Mantel is in transition but we kind of like it unfinished. The tiles my mother applied when she lived here. The clouds are ceramic sculptures I made. The building sculptures are mine as well. We are both artists and love color.
My wife likes to change things up quite often. One year she painted the entire wall along the hallway, kitchen, and dining room with green paint (Glidden flat interior latex, “Pacific Pines). She thinned out the paint and used a sponge rather than a brush, for a loose, textured feel.
My goal was to rehab the the 3rd floor attic space of this 1910 stucco home in the Oakdale neighborhood of Portland. Between a teenager and a few others over the years, the ceilings and walls got covered with poetic scrawls in various indelible inks. There were holes in the walls and ceiling, and duct tape had been put over every hole or crack, or eaves access panels, and also over the base of a bureau which had been tucked into the walls as a “built-in”.
This was my first commercial sign EVER! My bosses approached me one day and asked if I would be willing to paint a sign on the side of the restaurant that informs customers of our parking situation. They said they wanted to to be big, readable from the road, and also have similar colors to the logo of the restaurant. I hand drew the letters on large pieces of paper, and then used a pouncing tool and outlined all of the letters. I then hung the pieces of paper on the side of the building and used charcoal dust and tapped around the outlines of the letters so they would transfer through the paper to the wall. I have since painted the restroom sign for the restaurant and plan on painting a mural on the back wall come spring time.
I hand painted this mural for Salon 658 in Portland, Maine.
Because the walls of our guest bath were so damaged by time: (the house is 1886) with cracks, bulges and damage from water leaks, it was almost impossible to fix them without removing all the horse hair plaster and sheetrock. So, instead I purchased “paintable wallpaper”, wallpapered above the wainscoting and then painted. (This was my first experience with wallpaper. It wasn’t pretty.) But the results were! I painted the ceiling and wainscoting Benjamin Moore Cotton Balls and the walls Benjamin Moore Kentucky Haze. In addition, we replaced all the windows in the house… so the pretty stained glass you see in the before shot is in the basement awaiting framing. We also replaced the old marble sink that was surely an original… but unfortunately, quite leaky.
My husband and I purchased this tired old house in July 2014 and have been giving it some serious love and attention! When we purchased the house the dining room was sponge painted a brown/mustard color, with red and yellow tiles accenting the fireplace. After patching all the plaster walls and ceiling, and re-tiling the fireplace we painted the walls Benjamin Moore Regal Guilford Green and the trim Benjamin Moore Louisburg Green (eggshell finish.)
We purchased this tired old house in July of 2014 and have been working tirelessly to give it a makeover! When we started, the walls were a deep red and the tin ceiling was rusted, greasy and coming apart at the seams.
When we bought our house, the kitchen had white wainscoting and wallpaper with lighthouses on it. We stripped the wallpaper and painted it Hydrangea blue from Valspar. I was hoping it would make an impact, but the transformation was stunning! We later added a chalkboard paint wall which we love!